Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Taste Test in Need of a Blindfold

I have to confess to having tried a few of Pappy's treats. I would actually rate the little Charlee Bear cheese biscuits and the peanut butter newtons as quite sumptuous, and sometimes have to remind myself they are not for me.

Since Pappy eats kibble, I've never really given thought to canned food. But the guys at DigandScratch.com have. They prepared a pretty good video review of themselves sampling different dog food hors d'oeuvres. I still can't quite figure out why the one guy has a mask painted on.

For a grossout stunt, I think they did a creditable job elevating above the gratuitously disgusting. I even thought their concluding comments were fairly erudite. The only time I actually felt my gorge rising was the closeups of them spreading the dog food on crostone, and that was just a moment of weakness.

2 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Mom admits that she has tried one of my homemade doggy treats - the ones where she KNOWS the ingredients and she says they're yummy! Well of course! I could have told her that!
The video was too funny!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Nat said...

Maggie,
It's important to know your dog foods with the approaching catastrophe following the change in Daylight Savings Time. We're going to need all our emergency food reserves when civil society crumbles, just like Y2K.