This week's regional paper had an article describing the activities of a local Lab mix, Cyrus:
- Left home alone, he leapt onto the stovetop where the brownies were sitting, and sparked an unlikely chain of events.
Cyrus somehow managed to turn on the burners of the gas stove, which ignited the wax paper covering the metal tray of brownies...
P.S. On the brownies-will-kill-your-dog front, a while back a friend's Lab ate five pounds of Christmas fudge (what a great story) and was raced to the vet. The vet said baking chocolate is a disaster for dogs, but the toxicity of fudge, brownies, and even milk chocolate is much more diluted. Here's more info.