Saturday, November 11, 2006

Pappy on the Mend

Pappy, All Dressed Up and Ready to Go
Well, I've picked up Pappy after the stitches, and am $400 poorer. The vet warned me that Pappy might be a little woozy following the anaesthesia, and may just lay around. Absolutely no evidence of that, and he's ready to go chase balls. They gave me some pain pills; no evidence of any pain. They told me to keep him quiet for a couple of days, but I think I'm going to have to sit on him to make that happen.

For his convalescence, I might take him in the back yard and let him sniff the leaves while I rake.

5 comments:

3dogcache said...

Poor Pap. Perhaps he can just stare at his ball and have an out of body experience of chasing? Take care little Paps, the Mags loves playing with you.

Gus said...

Poor Pappy. I am sorry to hear about your injury, and hope that you feel better soon.

Gussie

Tin Tin Blogdog said...

Hiya Pappy,

sorry to hear about your play injury, but hey, when we play rough we can take rough, isn't that right, dooog?

Anyway, enjoy your convalescence among the leaves *rolls eyes* and keep that brave spirit up.

Chow for now,

Tin Tin xo

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Hey Paps - try and keep it cool guy. Us terriers like to rumble with the big guys!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Nat said...

Thanks for everyone's sympathies. It looks like his initial enthusiasm on arriving home was short-lived. He spent most of the afternoon standing in place and looking miserable. I don't know if it's discomfort from the wound, or discomfort from the anaesthesia, but we're sure he'll feel better in the morning.