Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Dog Walker Conundrum

For a long time, one of the things that kept us from adopting a dog was our long days at the office. Then it dawned on us we could hire a dog walker. So we got Pappy, and each day a woman from the neighborhood comes by to break up his day with a walk. I also give him a short walk in the morning and a long walk in the evening.

The curious thing is that we hardly ever see the dog walker, and therein lies the riddle. This is a whole segment of Pappy's life we know almost nothing about. Which leash does she use? How does he walk with her? Does he pull? Does he sniff everything? Which way do they go?

I suppose I could ask her, but that takes all the mystery out of things. As it stands, I also have the puzzle of how he spends his days when we're away-- good fodder for lunchtime contemplation. Otherwise, you're left with situations like the secret life of this poor Pug being laid bare by a webcam.

9 comments:

Priscilla said...

Hi Pappy's fella,

Stopped by to say hello, liked your site alot.

Thank's for stopping by. I sure like this randomizer (or however you found me) as I found a lot of neat peeps.

Priscilla

Anonymous said...

HAHAHaaa. The secret life of dogs. Who knows? While you're at work the dog walker and your dog might be feasting on caviar while hotwiring Ferraris!htt

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

I am sure he sleeps all day. At least that's what he would tell you!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Nat said...

With the things I do for that dog... if he's hotwiring Ferraris, he really ought to be taking me along.

As for sleeping all day, I think the Gertie-cam debunks that myth. I've never seen that dog live.

Disgruntled-Owl said...

You could make a dog walker check list to give her -
Does Pappy like to sniff grass, check yes or no.
Ooh or a multiple choice "Please circle all that apply -
a. grass
b. poo
c. dead thing
d. trash

~this comment brought to you by your blog cheering section~

Tin Tin Blogdog said...

Hmmm, 'Big Human' syndrom.

Pappy probably continues to be Papy's usual mischievous and curious self.

And as Buster said, probably sleeps a fair bit too.

But you never know.

And you never will (unless you install that there Pappy-cam).

Chow for now,

Tin Tin xo

Tin Tin Blogdog said...

...and that's 'Big Human' syndrome, of course.

TT xo

Boo Casanova said...

hey pappy's fella,

you are not alone! once mom and dad get home, they like asking me "what have you been doing all day"? :-) they sure want to know how i spend my day alone at home. unlike your country/area, dog walker never exist here.

wet wet licks

Boo

Nat said...

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm going to stay out of his daytime business. I'd be a little disappointed to find out he was just laying around, and if he's planning something devious I'm better off not knowing. Plausible deniability, as they say.