Thursday, September 13, 2007

Your Eyes Are Like Two Rare Steaks...

OysterForkI was browsing around dog-related postings, and I came across this one referencing the pet product designs of Alice Wang. I have long since mastered the art of responding "heh heh, never heard that one" to people who repeat cracks about my Pappy obsession, but these PetPlus products even make me want to mock dog lovers. We're talking formalwear dog bibs, and matching human/dog china and stemware for dates with your canine surrogate boyfriend or girlfriend.

Mercifully there are indications elsewhere on her site that Alice is either being tongue in cheek or stark raving bonkers. I can rest assured that at least I haven't crossed that line into the lunatic fringe. But the pillow you share with your pooch does seem kind of sweet.

5 comments:

Stanley said...

That pillow looks pretty cool, but I don't sleep on the bed with my hooman girl (I'm a bed buffalo ~ I roam around too much). Yep, my girl gets wise cracks from different people someimes about the fact that I have a blog & she doesn't. Hey, I'm just more interesting...

Goob love,
Stanley

Nat said...

Yeah, minus a couple of experiments this summer, Pappy's a floor-dweller. We'd have to move to his bed to use the pillow.

Murphey said...

Hee hee, I have been called, well, dog obsessed. But I agree formal wear for my pups, I don't think so. Plus if I even tried to make the Murph wear it he'd chew it up.

Murph's lady

Gus said...

Well, the pillow makes sense in our house, at least with a variation that allows for a second dog. Good thing it is a king sized bed, or muzzer would never be able to sleep with us

gussie

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hehehehe, I thought J1 was obssessed! Now I know that there are further depths to which she might plummit. The pillow looks cute but I would have to have the large end. J x