Friday, September 14, 2007

Skeedaddling

Rabies Vaccination TagPappy and I were out for a walk when his name tag just popped off his collar. I looked at it, then I looked at his collar, then I noticed that the wire ring securing his tags had pulled apart. And his rabies vaccination tag was gone! I searched on our way home and around the house, but the green bell-shaped tag was nowhere to be found.

I've never been exactly sure what that tag is for, but I'm not taking any chances. I'm assuming that Pappy is now a fugitive from the authorities, so we're going on the lam. Animal control will never take us alive. Mother of mercy, is this the end of Pappy's blog?*

5 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Don't worry, Pappy, you won't be taken away! I don't even wear mine! Mom shoved it in a drawer someplace, heaven only knows where!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Don't worry Pappy! We will protect you. You can hide here and no one will notice the slightly taller, hairy-er, grayer dachsie.

On the other hand, no one has ever cared about our tags. When we used to be bathed at Petsmart, they wanted to see the certificate.

Just don't run away from home. That could be a problem if you don't have your all of your tags.

Anonymous said...

Fear not, good citizens, I read just the other day that more and more lawyers are taking on cases for dogs. Check the yellow pages under "Attorney: Canines"

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Ohmydog, J1 is laughing here. She's a huge fan of that film. She says Edward G is the BEST!
You'll probably find the missing tag in about 6 months time down the back of the sofa. J x

Nat said...

Dachsies,
Pappy and I are traveling incognito. We'll meet you downtown at the corner of Navigation and York at 10PM. The call sign is "the fallen squirrel smells sweet".

Maggie and Jackson,
It may seem no big thing, but Pappy and I saw a helicopter circling by the hosipital on our walk yesterday. We know who they were looking for.

Jan,
Oohhhh, we accidentally were looking uder Canine Attorneys!