Saturday, September 15, 2007

Fall Reruns

After completing yesterday's entry, I suddenly got a feeling of deja vu. I searched my blog, and sure enough I titled a post "Skeedaddling" less than two months ago. Then I thought of doing this post, and said to myself I should call it "Deja Vu", no "Deja Vu All Over Again". Sure enough, I've already used that title. Holy crud, this is playing on my worst fears. I am a creature of routine, and there can only be so much variety in routine. I'm getting this sick feeling that this blog has started getting stale and I haven't noticed. Maybe I ought to syndicate it and just rerun old postings.

That being said, let me duplicate another effort from earlier in the week-- here's a new t-shirt design. This time I am expanding the Mutt Pride line of leisurewear. I'm a wee bit PO'ed about the exclusionary practices of the ObeyThePurebreed.com line of hipster dog products, and this is my reactionary statement in support of muttdom. I wanted to use Pappy for the silhouette in the design, but I found a dog as fuzzy as he is doesn't really have a recognizable profile. In the end I made a composite mutt with Pappy's tail, a Dalmatian's body, and some other dog's head. Frankenmutt.

MinesAMutt

8 comments:

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey pal, we're all for muttdom! Here's the problem. J1 can only draw square dogs!

As for deja vu, I actually pawed in the exact same sentence in 2 posts running. No-one said anything so I just hoped they didn't notice! Or maybe they were just too polite to tell me! J x

Amici said...

We like all dogs! Glad you're giving people something to talk/think about.

3dogcache said...

Hmm, creature of habit. Isn't that what being a dog is all about...mutt or purebred. Wake up, wag your tail, go for a walk, bark at the leaves, smell the same smells, chase the squirrel, eat the same breakfast, chew the same toy, nap until the hoomans (as Texas likes to say), wag your tail some more, go for another walk, bark at a different squirrel, smell the same smells, eat the same dinner, play the same game, chase the same ball, sleep in the same place. Maybe you were just a dog in another life:-))

Enjoy, 3dogs

Deanna said...

Cool design!

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Routine is good. We like to know what to expect.

Cool design. It almost makes us wish we were mutts too. Come to think of it, we can wear the shirts because Mom is part German, part Irish, part Scots, part a bunch of other stuff ... doesn't that make HER a mutt??

Nat said...

Jax,
I guess the episodic nature of a blog lets us get away with a fair amount of repetition. The audience's memory probably isn't much better than ours.

All,
Thanks for the mutt love. Consider yourselves honorary mutts.

Ferndoggle said...

We LOVE it!! Mutts Rock!

Ferndoggle

Nat said...

Ferndoggle,
You remind me, that dog profile looks a bit like a svelt Sherman.