Sunday, September 02, 2007

In Transit

WoofWell, we made it home from our holiday. It was such a pretty day we left late yesterday and only made it as far as Portland, Maine. Motel 6 is no great shakes, but they allow pets and they have beds in the rooms which were my main criteria.

It was Pappy's first stay at a hotel, and he was very excited. As we turned out the lights to go to bed, he lay there and woofed once each time he heard a door close. There were hundreds of doors in the hotel. I had a fun little game going listening for closing doors that he didn't bark at. This kept up every fifteen minutes until we gave up trying to sleep at 3AM and hit the road. The upside was that we made great time.

6 comments:

Joe Stains said...

oh I would do the same thing Pappy did, I am sure of it. Glad you made it home safe.

Gus said...

Pappy will get used to hotel noises if he becomes a travellin dog like me! Did you teach him to dial room service? The hamburgers are lovely.

welcome back
Gussie

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Welcome home! Loved all the pictures. I'm curious to hear how Pappy does with the floors back at the homestead.

Charlie said...

What a great trip - we sure enjoyed the pictures and stories!

Stanley said...

Pappy!!

So glad you guys are home safe & sound after such a cool & long vacation! I understand about the door thing ~ my girl can't hear half of what I hear & she wonders why I'm barking? Duhhh. I have super sensitive dog hearing, woman!

Goob love,
Stanley

Nat said...

Gus,
Thankfully we weren't at the Ritz Carleton, so we were spared from Pappy's room service spending spree.

Joe and Stanley,
Glad Pappy is in good company on the homeland security front. Keep barking.

Dachsies,
He's a little tentative with the kitchen floor, but much better than when we left. It's funny because he was on some Pergo floors on our trip and didn't think twice.

Charlie,
Glad you enjoyed the trip.