Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Horror

Leaf BagsAs we were scurrying through the park in the dusk growing to dark, Pappy suddenly pulled up short. He wouldn't take another step forward, and you could see the terror in his eyes. A row of the dread leaf bags were lying in wait ahead, like a gauntlet of grim malformed toads carelessly left by some maintenance crew. I was finally able to coax Pappy past the villains and get back underway.

I knew Pappy had a bit of a neurosis about leaf bags from way back when we got him, but I thought he had gotten over it. Evidently not.

5 comments:

Sophie Brador said...

Leaf bags at dusk. I can see it. When Sophie was a pup, it was real estate signs. She was terrified of them! But real estate signs at dusk? Hang out. We'll go for a walk. I'll let you know.

Gus said...

I, Gussie, am only scared at Christmas time. Then I am frightened of the nativity scenes, deer, Santa sleighs and anything else that lights up. Muzzer has a great time walking me....she laughs all the way.

Gussie

Nugget said...

They must look like some menacing large animal?

Licks,
Nugget

FleasGang said...

Ha! we're not scared of anything...what was that? Did you hear it? Shhh! It'll hear you ....


The FleasGang

Nat said...

Sophie,
Are we talking those swinging signs? They creep me out too.

Gus,
For you I recommend the Pappy Nativity Scene. That should fix your heebiejeebies.

Nugget,
I don't know. There are lots of real menacing large animals that Pappy seems less afraid of.

Fleasgang,
Behind you!