Thursday, March 29, 2007

Flour Children

20070224Last weekend Pappy and I were walking through Rock Creek Park when we heard a lot of shouting up ahead. We came upon about fifteen people from one of those running clubs calling back and forth. They were wandering in all directions like ants when their path back to the nest has been rubbed out. I guess the club leader had been dropping handfuls of flour to mark the route, and they had lost the way. A man walking a Boxer asked me whether I had seen any flour along my path, but I told him I hadn't. Pappy and I passed them and headed up the path from whence they'd come. When we came across one of their flour markers, I looked down to see Pappy gobbling it up. When he looked up at me, he looked like he'd been eating powdered doughnuts. Oops.

6 comments:

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Mom is going to laugh all day as she remembers this post.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Charlie said...

Hahahahahhahahha! Too funny!!
- C

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

If this had been Hansel and Gretel it might have been gingerbread crumbs. Tasty.

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Nat said...

Dachsies and Charlie,
Ain't life with dogs chock full of these little moments?

Buster,
I'm pretty fond of gingerbread, so Pappy might have had some competition in that scenario.

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

I did that once too! Oh the hilarity...

Licks
Oscar x

Nat said...

Oscar,
Yes, those good times we'll always treasure.