Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Pappy with Snow

'OriginalThough it's reduced to slush by now, this Sunday we had a nice little snowfall topped off with a nice crust of ice from freezing rain. Since we got Pappy last February we haven't had any snow, but we know he's seen it before. The very adoption photo (at left) that lured us to our bumptious "Fritz" was taken in the snow.

He seemed pretty fascinated with the snow this weekend. Cracking through the ice crust while he was running around, he sounded impressively like a one-dog stampede. His fetching was a little off. The ball would just stick in the snow instead of bouncing, leading him through a number of 360 degree skids. And while on walks, I was just giving him pieces of snow and ice off of the cars as training treats-- he seemed more intrigued by them than anything else I had to offer.

4 comments:

Finnegan said...

We finally got snow up here in Northwestern PA!!!!! We're glad Pappy enjoyed the snow!

Tierre Williams said...

No snow that Sunday in the Tri-Cities, VA area, but we had sleet and freezing rain. I have linked your blog to mine a few days ago.

Tierre (TY-ree)
(the human)

Tin Tin Blogdog said...

Hey there Pappy and Pappy'a fella,

missed you two like a, ummmm, I dunno. Insert something delicious here.

I was interested in your MUTT movement and the t-shirts. The ma has ideas for t-shirt designs about dogblogging.

I'll have to slobber her into doing something about it, seems like you preferred Printfection to Cafe Press...?

Meanwhile, enjoy the snow, Pappy. I'd love to feel what that's like, especially on these 35 degree + days. Except that wouldn't work.

Anyway.

Chow for now,

Tin Tin xo

Nat said...

Finnegan,
Suprised it took so long in PA. Whenever I think of PA, I think of long drives back to college in the snowy mountains along the Turnpike.

Tierre,
I guess DC was the heart of the snow. My brother-in-law said NYC to the north was completely untouched.

Tin tin,
Welcome back. Glad to see your absence was temporary. Since I seem to be on hiaitus from movies, the t-shirts help fill the creative void-- it's a good time-waster.