Sunday, January 14, 2007

Iditarod Dreams

Well, it's Sunday morning, and Pappy and I will be headed out for a run before our trip to the dog park. It's probably bad for leash training, but I let Pappy haul me along for the first half mile. And then again anytime he spots another dog or a squirrel-- hopefully directly ahead and not to the side. It makes the miles just melt away, like running downhill.

He'd be a heck of a sled dog given a chance. He's strong for being a skinny puke. And I think his endurance would be good if he were motivated. His paws are big for his weight, which should help him stay on top of the snow crust. Maybe we should go into training, in case the temperature ever drops below freezing again. I could break out the Razor scooter and test my mushing skills.

6 comments:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Once a team of poodles competed in the Iditarod!

Nat said...

Turbo,
That's pretty funny. We've decided that Pappy is a Schnairedoodle, so he could jump right in on old John's team.

Anonymous said...

Go Pappy, go! It's fun to pull the hoomans along - my Dad is trying to get me to stop doing it... but I just can't help myself if I see something interesting... like another dog, a cat or some sort of nice smelly thing to roll in.

Love and Licks,
Texas (and his humans).

Gus said...

Teka is the one in our family who belongs on a sled team. You should see the muscle development on that little Jack Russell.

We think Pappy must be a Shnairedoolador, cause his rear legs look like Travis'

L said...

You go Pappy! I've been reading your blog for a while now and decided that I, Sweets, must start one of my own. I also have caught all of you videos. Pappy, you are fabulous and devilishly handsome (not as handsome as I, of course)!

Love and smoochies,
Sweets (and the human he pulls along).

Nat said...

Texas,
Your Dad just needs some roller skates. Put that kinetic energy to good use!

Gus,
I'm trying to think of a good musher for Teka's sled team. He needs to be bigger than a squirrel but smaller than a chimp.

Sweets,
Do it to it, cutie. Hope you have a good time blogging.