Saturday, January 20, 2007

Dog Meat Trade

I take a certain amount of pride that Momopeche, a blogging buddy, adopted her dog after being lured into the wonderful world of Pappy. In her blog, she is currently championing a petition to end the particularly cruel dog meat trade in the Philippines-- something I think most of us could get behind.

I have to say, in light of recent history, I am a little leery of ham-handed westerners blundering in and enforcing their values where they don't really understand the local culture. But the background indicates that there is internal support from the Filipino community and legal system for taking action on this.

As I write this, Pappy is laying at my feet licking the carpet. I wonder what I spilled there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or perhaps what he spilled there? I always do my best to clean up my messes...

Love and Licks,
Texas (and his humans).

Nat said...

Thankfully Pappy doesn't blep all that often, but he is pretty tidy when he does.

FleasGang said...

I wonder if they taste like chicken? And can you deep fry them like we do turkeys here in the south.