Friday, November 09, 2007

Climate Crazy

The Parts of My Dog 7Approaching the end of our second year with Pappy, it's somewhat reassuring to now know that his bouts of insanity are seasonal. During the summer, Pappy is really a very good and relaxed leash walker. The minute we have a cold snap, it's like being dragged by a bumper car-- he's all over the place stopping and starting, hauling me hither and yon. Thankfully this only lasts the first few minutes. But during that time, if I give him the least provocation to break into a run, look for the guy bumping along behind the dog.

I remember last year when all of this was going on, I was convinced that all of his training efforts were breaking down during the first cold snap. Now I know I just need to play fetch with him for a couple of minutes to get him warmed up and calmed down. If he's chilly, maybe he needs a big old snowsuit.

2 comments:

William Tell said...

A crisp, cool morning does kinda bring out our silly side, doesn't it?

William Tell

Gus said...

Maybe a cup of hot tea before you leave the house? Herbal for Pappy of course!