Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sympathy Pains

Today is Jack of the dog park's birthday, but it is rainy and disgusting and I don't know that Pappy and I are going to make the trip. I can't recall the last weekend morning we were in town and didn't go to the dog park.

Part of the reason is that we are on the mend. Yesterday at the park, Pappy limped up to me acting all needy and "kiss my boo boo". I was pretty worried and looked him over, but he seemed to walk it off pretty quickly. I didn't give it too much thought until later when, after lying down, he was limping a bit when he stood up. Keeping an eye on him, I don't think it's anything serious but he needs a little down time. Then last night we went out to a reception at DC's Museum of the American Indian, abandoning our ailing dog. As we were walking from the subway past 3rd and Pennsylvania, I twisted my ankle sharply while focused on making a walk signal-- it was on one of those shallow graduated steps that too-smart-by-half designers sneak into the plans so that building occupants can laugh at the stumbling pedestrians below. After standing around on the ankle for a couple of hours, it hurt quite a lot by the time we got home.

Interestingly, my bad ankle is on the same side as Pappy's. Anyway, the two of us are taking a break today.

9 comments:

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Good idea to take the day off of those legs but Pappy still deserves his needed attention. Don't even try to take a break from that.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Gus said...

Hope you are both on the mend soon. Understand from E.Rabbit that the weather in your area was LOUSY today. Yet another reason to stay in and send regrets to Jack. He'd probably rather have a healthy Pappy ready to romp on Tuesday then an ailing Pappy on Sunday, even if it is Jack's birthday.

Tin Tin Blogdog said...

Oooh, that was nice of you to go out in sympathy with Pappy...

Chow for now,

Tin Tin xo

Finnegan said...

I hope you both feel better soon. I suggest giving Pappy extra treats because he totally deserves them.

Woofs,
Finny

Jojo's Mom said...

FYI - Jack had an excellent birthday. Luckily for him he has the built in dog park of living with both Jojo and Bailee, so he's always got company. But we had peanut butter birthday cookies to take to the park to share with their doggy friends, but with the rain and all, there were no takers. The 15th was Jack's birthday, today the 16th is Jojo's birthday, so I have my 12 yr. old and 2 yr. old.

And Jack has been totally good for the past 2 days, so maybe turning 2 is the magic number.

Jojo's Mom

Nat said...

Dachsies, Gus, Tintin, Finnegan,
For both Pappy and me, the recuperation from our gimp-itis was pretty quick. Both of us felt fine by Sunday evening.

Jojo's Mom,
Glad you had a good start to b'day week with your little angels. Happy b'day to you as well.

Ferndoggle said...

You know what they say about taking on the characteristics of your dog...you may be taking this one a little too far!

Ferndoggle

Nat said...

Ferdoggle,
Perhaps this was going a bit far, but I sure could use some of his hair.

Deanna said...

Poor legs! I'm sending some boxer healing vibes...