Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Monkey Terror

MonkeyRopeFor Christmas, my aunt picked out a toy monkey for Pappy which seemed appropriately rugged, with sturdy rope arms and legs. Around the same time I gave Pappy a rope chew toy. I can't help but notice that the rope chew toy has barely attracted passing attention. But put that same rope in humanoid form, and Pappy's all about tearing it limb from limb before finally eviscerating it. In just a couple of days he's reduced the monkey to one leg.

The next time I'm feeling a little faint, I'm planning on keeping a locked door between Pappy and me. I'm not sure I'm even comfortable napping around him.

6 comments:

Peanut said...

Oh funny. Peanut will also rip rope limbs off of toys before going after a toy that is just a rope.

Marla said...

Oh no! I would watch your back. :)

Ari_1965 said...

Unless you have one length of twine coming from out the top of your head and another coming from out...well, we call it a kiester in Minnesota...I wouldn't worry.

FleasGang said...

Does any pup REALLY play with those plain rope toys? Now, rope AND a monkey. That's a toy!

The FleasGang

Anonymous said...

maybe it is the 'monkey' aspect of it? Can we hope? Both of my girls favourite toys are monkey related. (Well one is a hedgehog but we call it a monkey and she doesn't seem to know any different)

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Rope = boring
Rope + monkey combination = now that's more like it!

J x