Friday, January 18, 2008

Confirmation

Today I had an unexpected day off from work, so Pappy and I took a long walk through the slushy wonderland left behind after yesterday's wet snow. The interesting thing was that, when Pappy insistently followed his nose in one direction or another, I could clearly see evidence of the spoor he was following. Prominently showing in the slush were the dog and deer footprints he was tracking like a bloodhound. When he hunkered down immovable with his nose pressed to the ground, I could see a clearly delineated yellow patch. I guess he really isn't just making this stuff up.

4 comments:

Gus said...

tch tch...Pappy is more street smart than you are. Listen to him.

(we are always saving muzzer from the "cute" kitties)
gussie

Marla said...

Such a smart doggie!

William Tell said...

Our walkies have been shorter lately because Mom doesn't "do" cold weather like she used to. Gotta sniff and run anymore.

William Tell

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

It's me Mona,

me wants ya to come over and tell me what breed is Copper.

bet ya can't guess!!